The art of baking has come a long way since its inception. History notes that the world’s first oven may have been created in Croatia and dates back to over 6,500 years ago. Since then, societies across the world have experimented with their local ingredients to use an oven as a heat source to create numerous recipes. Every day we now enjoy countless baked goods, from pretzels to cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and so much more. Today on World Baking Day we’re honoring thousands of years of bakers and innovators with a classic recipe—Cannabis Bread!
1 cups warm water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup cannabis infused vegetable oil
5-6 cups flour
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine sugar in warm water. Stir in yeast. Let sit until yeast activates, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in salt and oil to the mixture. Follow by slowly adding in flour while continually mixing.
- Once the dough has formed, knead for about 10 minutes.
- Rub oil into the sides of a large bowl and let dough sit until it has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Split dough in half and place in two bread pans.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes.