In the cannabis community, there isn’t anything that you can’t do yourself if you have the right tools. From cultivating cannabis to making infused foods, there is no limit on learning how to use cannabis. Soap is one of those must-have items that you can’t really live without. Although you can buy soap at any time, it’s extremely easy to make. And with the addition of hemp oil, you’ll be able to give your skin a bit of extra hydration to start off your morning.
What You Need
2 cups hemp oil (you can also add other oils such as coconut oil, palm oil and olive oil, but be sure to adjust your other ingredients)
1/4 cup lye
0.5 cup distilled water
1-1.5 tablespoons chosen scent
Molds of your choice
Make Your Soap
- Measure everything out ahead of time, and place in bowls for measuring. Soap making relies heavily on obtaining correct measurements.
- First, turn your lye into lye water. Pour lye into boiling distilled water, stirring until it dissolves. Allow the mixture to cool, and set aside.
- Add hemp oil to a different heated pot, and stir until it becomes completely liquified.
- Remove from heat and begin stirring in the lye water. The mixture will begin to look milky or cloudy (signaling when saponification begins [a chemical reaction]).
- User blender to burst blend once, and then stir mixture and scrape down sides. Repeat five times.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Add scents and decorative items if you wish.
- Pour the mixture into your chosen molds, and let sit for three to four days.
- Remove from molds and let sit out for three to four weeks.