Some food holidays are silly, and others seem like a ploy to sell products. But this Sunday, July 1 is National Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day. This means new (and weird) flavors will be popping up for a limited time. Think mashed-potatoes, buffalo wings and candied bacon. While fun, some of those concoctions probably won’t taste as satisfying as the traditional vanilla, chocolate or strawberry.
You probably know where we’re going with this. CULTURE thinks it’s time to create a recreate a new creative flavor of ice cream that not only tastes like your favorite cannabis strain, but has the effects of that strain too! Perfect for your summer stay-cation, we’ve decided to create a tried-and-true mint chocolate chip ice cream that inspires “green” strains everywhere!
Green Crack-Infused Ice Cream (aka Mint Chocolate Chip)
2 cups half-and-half milk
2 cups infused-heavy cream (use a decarboxylated cannabis strain of your choice, such as Green Crack to fit with the “green” theme)
1 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food coloring (about three drops, or more if desired)
4 tablespoons coarse salt
4 cups of ice
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips/chunks
- Combine everything into a bowl. Stir until sugar is completely combined.
- Chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Place the ice cream mixture into a medium-sized Ziploc bag. Seal it, and place it into another Ziploc bag to ensure it doesn’t leak.
- Place the double-bags into a large Ziploc bag, and add coarse salt and ice.
- Shake constantly until the ice cream mixture thickens and resembles ice cream.
- Remove from bags and empty the ice cream into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for at least six hours, and enjoy!