In summertime, it’s common to see recipe guides for the season. Click bait articles frequently tease “The top ten recipes for seasonal vegetables” or “How to make the best barbecue food” around this time of year. But we here at CULTURE are vying to promote a different lifestyle for you this summer. This is for those who did not get their bods beach-ready, for the people out there whose eye for sweets is stronger than that of a roasted vegetable salad. Today is National Sugar Cookie Day—arguably one of the best cookies for summertime. It won’t melt in your hands, or at the very least, it will warm up and retain that gooey, deliciously soft texture. Add a dose of cannabis (especially some infused strain of the same name) and you’ve got the perfect snack for sitting poolside. Enjoy your cookies in peace without the telltale sounds of Christmas tunes in the background.
Cannabis-Infused Sugar Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon cannabis-infused vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cannabis-infused almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup white sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, silicon mats or baking spray (your preference).
- Using a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the beaten egg, both infused extracts.
- Slowly add in baking soda, baking powder and salt into the wet mixture bowl until well combined. Scrap all the sides into the mixture through this process.
- Create small balls with the dough and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar for extra sweetness.