Most holidays are cause for celebration, and St. Patrick’s Day is no exception. These days it is just an excuse to party and have fun, and with that comes a lot of alcohol consumption. But numerous studies have found that cannabis can actually be a suitable replacement for alcohol, while also providing some of the psychoactive properties that may contribute to a unique experience. No matter if you choose to drink alcohol or consume cannabis infused beverages, one thing is certain—you’ll need to fill your stomach with the right kind of food. These hand-selected cannabis-infused recipes are bound to get you in the mood to party!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
3/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon cannabis infused olive oil*
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 tablespoon red chili flakes
3 pounds chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking pan with oil.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together chili sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, lime, garlic, infused oil and sesame oil. Cook until fully heated, then remove from pan and let cool.
- Season raw chicken with salt and pepper. Then coat each wing with chili sauce mixture, and add them into the pan in a single layer. Lower saucepan heat to medium with remaining sauce, and let simmer.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes until crispy on the outside (flipping chicken about halfway through). Remove pan from oven, and coat chicken.
- Switch oven to broil, and return chicken to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Once chicken is finished, top with sesame seeds, red chili flakes and a little salt.
Homemade Infused Supreme Pizza
1 cup warm water, between 100-110 degrees F
1 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cannabis infused olive oil*
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
1/2 cup green bell pepper
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup pepperoni
1/2 cup sausage
1/2 cup olives
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Your choice of red sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Leave pizza stone or pan in oven as it heats up.
- To make the dough, mix warm water with sugar and yeast. Let yeast activate by leaving the mixture untouched for 5 minutes.
- Add infused olive oil, flour and salt to the bowl until a dough ball forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until it gains elasticity, about 10 minutes. Roll out into desired shape and size.
- Bake dough for five minutes and remove from oven.
- Spread an even amount of red sauce onto the dough. Next, add ample amounts of mozzarella cheese.
- Decorate pizza with bell peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage and olives.
- Bake pizza for 20 minutes.
1 1/2 ounce cannabis-infused Irish whiskey*
1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
2 ounces ginger ale
1 lime wedge for garnish (optional)
- Combine all liquid ingredients into a glass with ice.
- Add lime wedge to the edge of glass.