Drake Dives into Cannabis Industry with Canopy Growth

Drake is partnering with licensed Canadian cannabis firm Canopy Growth Corp. to launch More Life Growth Company, a licensed cannabis producer based out of Toronto, the rapper’s hometown.

More Life Growth will assume ownership of a cultivation facility in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Drake will own 60 percent of the company, while Canopy Growth will own the remaining 40 percent. The endorsement follows the departure of former co-CEO Bruce Linton, who left the massive company last July.

“The opportunity to partner with a world-class company like Canopy Growth on a global scale is really exciting,” Drake said in a statement. “The idea of being able to build something special in an industry that is ever growing has been inspiring.” According to TMZ, Drake plans on using the brand name to sell vape products, pipes, rolling papers, hookahs, shirts, boots, coats, dresses, gloves, hats, hoodies, jackets, jeans, sweats, shorts and sneakers.

Canopy Growth will nominate two directors to More Life Growth’s board, with a preemptive right to retain ownership over the company. “Drake’s perspective as a culture leader and entrepreneur combined with Canopy Growth’s breadth of cannabis knowledge will allow our new company to bring an unmatched cannabis experience to global markets,” Canopy Growth CEO Mark Zekulin said in a press release.

Earlier, Seth Rogen also partnered with Canopy Growth to launch his line of cannabis, Houseplant. Drake joins the long list of rappers who have endorsed cannabis brands of one type or another, including Snoop DoggJay-ZPost MaloneToo $hort and the Notorious B.I.G.’s son, C.J. Wallace. Drake, however, is among the highest paid rappers so far to do so.

Drake has usually admitted freely that he consumes cannabis on a regular basis, but added that he limits his wine consumption and stays away from the hard drugs, which he admits can be destructive.

View this post on Instagram

@morelife

A post shared by champagnepapi (@champagnepapi) on

Facebook Comments

Related Articles

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
To stay updated on cannabis news, subscribe to CULTURE’s daily newsletter!
Cool Stuff
Entertainment Reviews