[dropcap class=”kp-dropcap”]N[/dropcap]aturally, some people are hesitant to consume cannabis. They’re disinterested in smoking or taking pills, but might be more enticed by a sweet-tasting lollipop to “help the medicine go down” so-to-speak. Making your own cannabis-infused candy is not only simple to do, but a great way for new consumers to get a better understanding of dosage and how cannabis will affect them. Not to mention that hard candies and lollipops often come paired with nostalgia—and who doesn’t love that?
Tools You Need
Silicone mold of your choice
Lollipop sticks (optional)
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup water
Cannabis tincture (suggested amount is 2.5mg to 10mg)
Extra flavoring (we recommend extracts of lemon, orange, strawberry, etc.)
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan.
- Heat until it comes to a boil. Use a candy thermometer to monitor the mixture closely, until it hits 300 degrees (also referred to as the “hard crack” stage).
- Immediately remove from heat, and let cool to 250 degrees. Follow by adding in desired amount of cannabis tincture and desired flavoring. Mix until well combined (but do so quickly).
- Pour the mixture into your molds. If you’re making lollipops, choose a mold that allows you to easily place the lollipop stick into the candy for hardening.
5. Allow the candies to cool completely before indulging.