This Thanksgiving, a lot of people will be seated around the dinner table giving thanks for new legislation, regulation and a higher acceptance of cannabis use both medically and recreationally in America. Six out of 10 Americans feel cannabis should be fully legalized, which is double the amount of people who felt the same way in 2000. What better way to show your thankfulness than getting together with a few adult friends and partaking while feasting with some recipes infused with love . . . and a little something special. Have friends bring sides and dessert while you prep the basics for a herbal holiday.
BUTTERY THANKSGIVING TURKEY BREAST
1 whole turkey breast, about 7 pounds
3 tablespoons cannabis-infused butter
2 teaspoons salt
One teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons Herbes de Provence herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place turkey breast in roasting pan. Rub infused butter onto breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven and roast for about two hours until done (use a meat thermometer to check internal doneness). Cover with foil for 15 minutes before carving. Reserve pan juices for gravy.
Pan drippings from turkey
1 tablespoon cannabis-infused butter
1 tablespoon flour
1/3 cup milk
Salt and pepper to season
- Take one cup drippings, separated from fat.
- Melt butter in small saucepan and stir in flour.
- Add drippings and milk into pan, and stir until thickened. Season to taste.
2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarters
3 tablespoons cannabis-infused butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup milk
- Bring salter water to a boil in a pot on the stove.
- Carefully add potatoes and cook until tender, checking with a fork for doneness. Drain.
- Mash potatoes, adding butter and milk partway and incorporating completely. Season with salt and pepper as desired, serve hot.
INFUSED WHIPPED CREAM
2 cups heavy whipping cream
5 grams cannabis, finely ground
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- Pour whipping cream into a small saucepan and add cannabis.
- Cook, but don’t let simmer, for an hour. Strain through a cheesecloth and chill.
- Beat chilled infused cream and ¼ cup sugar by hand or in a mixer until stiff peaks form. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.